We are Total Dentalcare. In this Privacy notice “we” “our” “us” refers to Total Dentalcare and Total Dentalcare (TDC) Implant Centres. Under the General Data Protection Regulation we are committed to ensure your privacy is protected. Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Tony Homden and he can be contacted by email on Tony.Homden@totaldentalcare.co.uk.
We collect personal information from you so that we can respond to your information requests and offer you the best possible levels of service. We also use information to help manage our marketing activities. The collected information is stored on our secure database. We may collect information in the following ways:
• Website – if you complete a form our website, such as “Contact Us” This information is stored on the server before being stored on our secure database. Our website records IP addresses and browsers used.
• Information entered onto completed forms via Facebook, download requests, surveys etc.
• Emails – if you contact us via email, provide your email address to us, or respond to one of our marketing emails.
• Postal, telephone or face to face contact
We will retain your information all the while we are corresponding with you and then your details will be stored on a secure server. You may request deletion of this information at any time by contacting our DPO.
If Total Dentalcare has been providing you with health care we will retain your information for a period of 11 years after your last visit or, in the case of a child, when the age of 25 is reached.
We process two categories of personal information:
• Standard personal information, for example, information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you.
• Special categories of information e.g. health information. We may get this information from medical history forms you have filled in, from notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need.
Total Dentalcare processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
• Where the processing enables Total Dentalcare to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications.
• To identify and prevent fraud.
• To enhance the security of Total Dentalcare’s network and information systems to better understand how people interact with Total Dentalcare’s website.
• To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All information concerning financial transactions is be secured according to the data protection policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Total Dentalcare never shares or sells your information with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
• To provide you and others with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between us
• To help us target our marketing activities more effectively
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you (or any third party from whom you are acting) choose to do so
• To notify you of changes to our service
• As may be required in law.
Information is stored until it is no longer relevant.
• Analyse behaviour on our website so we can improve our website and marketing activities
• Estimate our audience size and user patterns
• Store information about your preferences so we can customise our site according to your individual interests
• Speed up your searches
• Recognise you when you return to our site.
Cookies can also be used to help target advertising. TDC do not allow third parties to advertise on our site.
Third-party vendors, including Google and Facebook, may show our ads on sites across the internet.
We use Google Analytics remarketing to advertise to people who have previously visited our site. Google show these ads on the Google Display Network, which means you may see our ads on blogs, forums and other sites.
Neither Total Dentalcare nor Digital Marketing Help (our website developers) control the cookies or the data that is collected. This is done by the third parties supplying the software, such as Google and Facebook.
You can refuse to accept cookies on our website by activating the setting on your browser or by opting-out when prompted on our site.
Total Dentalcare have an active presence on social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter. We do not have control of the terms, conditions or privacy policies of these platforms. Nor do we have control over how they may track or use your personal information. TDC do not ask for personal information in personal forums such as social media pages.
We also use social media platforms for marketing purposes as part of our overall marketing activity.
A small number of marketing agencies work with us on our behalf. On occasion they may have access to data. E.g. To create “lookalike” audiences for market targeting purposes or use of patient photographs (where permission is granted) for design purposes. These agencies never use the data for their own marketing purposes and data is deleted once used.
We are required by law to process all personal data “lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner” and to have lawful basis for processing that data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via https://totaldentalcare.co.uk/main/contact-us/ .
If you wish to access or update the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that time frame if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact our DPO.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.